Hiring a Consultant in Recife, PE
COMPANY: CONCORDIA CONSULTORIA ESTRATÉGICA LTDA
Consultant to provide support to the implementation of a six month project in Pernambuco, executed by Concordia Public Affairs Strategy in cooperation with a European Government’s Embassy in Brazil. The contract will run for 6 months from contract signing, with a possibility of extension. The candidate will be based in Recife and will be hired as an independent contractor.
LOCATION: RECIFE, PE
In close consultation with and coordination of Concordia, the local consultant will provide assistance for the outreach with local stakeholders from the health system in Pernambuco (mainly Recife) and coordinate activities previously agreed with the project implementing parties, as well as assist in project management and knowledge management activities.
Under the guidance and coordination of the Concordia team, the consultant will support the Project Manager with the efficient management of the project activities. The focus will be in supporting activities implemented by international and local stakeholders linked to the health sector, both from state and municipal levels.
- Elaborate work plan with activities and deliverables based on initial meetings with project implementing parties and public sector representatives in Pernambuco (June 2016).
- Ensure that work plan activities comply with the general guidelines of the project;
- Elaborate monthly progress report based on work plan activities.
- Assist in the preparation of external project communications;
- Assist during foreign partner field visits with local transportation arrangements;
- Assist with organization and documentation for meetings and other project events in Pernambuco (mainly Recife);
- Support the preparation of project documents;
- Engage with local partners to ensure effective communication and development of the project components, including data collection;
- Develop relationship with partners, understanding their needs – to be regularly reported to the Project Manager
- Degree in a relevant field to the project (health services / management, public policies, social sciences);
- Minimum 3 years of work or study experience in the health sector and/or public policies, with experience in project management and implementation;
- Experience working with government counterparts and/or public services in Pernambuco;
- Excellent communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder communication;
- Ability to produce deliverables on time and with quality;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org